Monday, May 12, 2008

Studio Lighting

Hello Blog Friends!

I finally broke down (took some arm twisting) and purchased some studio lighting. I am a natural light photographer and know nothing about studio lighting! But I need to learn. So I got lights, purchased a muslin backdrop, cleared out the guest bedroom and set it all up yesterday.

The room is NOT big enough, but it will have to do for now. And since I wanted to play of course I grabbed my resident model and made him sit there... with a 102 fever and a headache...bad Papa!! LOL!

Anyway, I wanted to share my first attempt. I think it's pretty good for a first time! Who knows, I may be a photographer yet!!

I have several sessions coming up soon so I hope to be posting some from those in the near future!



Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Super cute!

Have I told you before that you have the perfect subject for photographing? because you sure do, and one super cutie at that.

Oh and now you need to keep an eye out on Ebay for picture taking props. Wink!

Rita said...

I'm telling you -- this sweet boy is too darn cute! :) Even with a 102 degree temp, he is the perfect model!

Keep up the great work my friend -- I really do think you are a natural with photography.

Nancy said...

he is soo adorable and growing into a handsome young boy! Wishing you lots of success in the business.

Linda said...

beautiful shot Scott! love the soft light in this! great job my friend!

Picture This said...

Well, you do have the bestest model to work with. Your photography is amazing as usual!